The following amounts are what a person or family would need for a year storage. I only show these so you understand what it will take for a family to live off of storage. Work on your 3-month storage until that is complete and then work toward the year long storage. PP=per person and PF=per family
FRUITS AND VEGETABLES 185LBS EACH PF (fresh, canned, and dehydrated)
MEATS 20LBS PP(frozen, canned and fresh)
DAIRY 16LBS PP
GRAINS 300LBS PP (this includes pastas, cereals, crackers, rice, oats, wheat and flour)
OILS & FATS 25LBS PP (salad dressings, peanut butter, shortening, butter, mayonnaise, and oils)
SUGAR 60LBS PP (honey, white sugar, powdered and brown sugar, molasses, corn syrup, jams & jellies, flavored gelatin, and powdered drink mix)
WATER 14 + GALLONS PP FOR 2 WEEKS
**REMEMBER THAT I ONLY LIST THE DEALS THAT I FEEL ARE THE BEST PRICES.
- CARROTS 1LB MINI .99
- WHITE CORN .25
- STRAWBERRIES 1LB $1.25
- KROGER COTTAGE CHEESE, SOUR CREAM, DIPS $1.00
- SMITHS DOZEN EGGS .99
- SMITHS BREAD $1.25
- WONDER BREAD $1.67
- BANANA BOAT & HAWAIIAN TROPIC SUNSCREEN BUY 1 GET 1 FREE
- AUSSIE HAIR CARE $2.99
- COVER GIRL MAKEUP 25% OFF
- HERBAL ESSENCE HAIR CARE $2.99
- OLAY QUENCH LOTION $4.49
- TIDE LAUNDRY DET. $5.99
- CHICKEN BREASTS $1.88LB
- SKINNY ROOST LEG QUARTERS .89LB
- WF DOZEN EGGS .98
- 16OZ WF SOUR CREAM .98
- WF DOZEN EGGS .98
- WF 24 PCK WATER $2.99
- EXUDE SPORTS DRINK .50
- WF HOT DOG OR HAMBURGER BUNS $1.00
- BREYERS ICE CREAM (LIMIT 2) $1.98
- MICHELINAS OR BUDGET GOURMET .98
- RESERS POTATOES SHREDDED HASH BROWNS OR DICED .99
- WF FROZEN VEGGIES 16OZ .68 (THIS IS A GREAT STOCK UP PRICE)
If anyone is looking for canned meat the Blue Chip Group (Morning Moos, Augason Farms) has canned chicken, beef chunks, ground beef, turkey chunks, pork sausage, all in broth for $3!! That is an amazing price. The deal is while supplies last, and yesterday they had several pallets of the meat. The cans are large 28oz cans and have a shelf life of 20 years. These are great options for having meat in our storage. I don't eat meat, but my family does eat chicken. I have not tasted these (obviously) but the employees at the store said they were good. (If you store enough BBQ sauce, gravy mix, etc I am sure you can cover the taste :) Augason Farms is located on 500 W. and about 3400 S. I get off the 33rd S exit turn west and turn left at the first light, which is 500 W. Go about 2 blocks and the store is on your left (east side).
- PURCHASE VEGETABLES THAT FIT INTO YOUR 3-MONTH MENU. THINK OF CANNED, DEHYDRATED, FREEZE DRIED, AND FRESH. (185lbs per family is a year supply)
- PLASTIC BAGS OF ALL SIZES, ALUMINUM FOIL, AND PLASTIC WRAP.
Enjoy the blessings!
Feel the peace!