|Can you see the little girl under the clothes? We chose the closet to hide in upstairs.|
|We chose to hide under the kitchen desk downstairs during the Shake Out.|
Do you all have a family emergency plan? I moved about 3 months ago and I realized that my family needs a new emergency preparedness plan.
For my family's plan we need to:
- designate a new meeting place outside of our home
- designate a new meeting place outside of our neighborhood and make sure the whole family understands how they will get to the meeting place.
- create a new plan if a disaster happens during the day when only mom and the 5 year old are at home. How will the kids get to the meeting place? How will dad make it home?
- Update all car kits. My husband drives quite far for work and would have to walk up a canyon to get home. Does he have what he needs in his vehicle and at work?
- Then we need to actually practice our plan during the daytime but we also need to have a run through when it's dark.
- I also need to replace the shoes and flashlights that I had under our beds in our old house. This will proctect us during the night from glass and other fallen objects.