Since I am pretty new to the whole gardening thing, I thought I could go out of town for a week and my tiny little zucchini would be a perfect size when I got home. Are all you experts laughing out of your chairs right now?? Well they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here you go....
|Our super massive zucchini and green beans!!|
I took the small (ish) zucchini and have been shredding, slicing, dehydrating, baking and trying to find new recipes for this crazy squash!! I love to go to allrecipes.com and type in an ingredient and see all the recipes that pop up. I did this for zucchini and found this recipe to make for dinner, Zucchini Provencal. It is actually a side dish, but I made it a main dish by adding pasta to it.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled, quartered and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-2 C pasta of your choice, cooked
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the zucchini, tomatoes, green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. (I added 1-2 C of penne pasta to my veggies. I forgot to take a picture when I made this dish and this was all that was left, so not too many veggies in the pictures, sorry!)