Clear back when I started this blog, I remembered a recipe for Honey Bunches of Oats cereal that I posted. Could I find it anywhere on this blog?!?! I figured it I couldn't find it then you probably couldn't either. I went through almost every post I wrote during my first year of publishing this blog, and I found it! It turned out to be one of the easiest recipes I've made in awhile and tasted good too!
|Boil the sugars and mix in with the oat/cereal mixture.|
Homemade Honey Bunches of Oats
10 C. quick oats
1 18oz. box of corn flakes cereal
1 C. of honey or corn syrup (I used honey)
1 C. brown sugar
1/4 C. water
1. Preheat oven to 300°. Stir together the quick oats and the cereal in a large bowl.
2. In a small saucepan combine the honey, brown sugar, and water. Bring to a boil and stir until sugars are dissolved.
3. Pour sugar mixture over the oats and stir until combined. Spread onto a greased cookie sheet. Keeping the thickness to about 1/2".
4. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes. (I felt it needed a minute or two longer so I stirred it before cooking 5 minutes longer)
5. Let sit until cooled and store in an airtight container. Will last 2-3 months if tightly sealed.
Update: This batch lasted only a few days. It was really good! Every single one of my kids ate it! All 5 of them! This is definitely a keeper!!