1/4-1/2 C dehydrated onions (adjust amount to your taste)
2 T olive oil
1 1/2-2 C frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
1 can mushrooms drained
3-4 C cheese (I used half Mozzarella & half Cheddar) (adjust the amount to your taste)
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
Reconstitute the onions in enough hot water to just cover them for 5-10 minutes. While they are soaking, mix the eggs, spinach, mushrooms, cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl, stir well.
Drain the water off of the onions. Heat the olive oil and saute the onions until slightly browned and hot. Add them to the egg mixture, stir well.
Pour into a greased 13x9 pan and bake at 350° for a half hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. You can half the recipe and make it in a pie dish for smaller servings.
To make this dish with shelf stable ingredients:
- Use Ova Easy egg crystals for the fresh eggs,1 scoop=1 egg
- Use dehydrated or freeze dried spinach, reconstitute and add to recipe using equal amounts as called for in recipe
- Use equal amount of freeze dried cheese, reconstituted with cool water
- Use dehydrated or freeze dried mushrooms
- Bake in a Sun Oven or Volcano stove